As part of the 1% for the Planet initiative, Micro donates 1% of the sales of the ECO children's scooter product line to non-profit organizations dedicated to protecting the environment. The proceeds donated from Micro will support Parley’s Educational Programs, with the goal of providing worldwide access to ocean education, tools and experiences, inspiring marine conservation and empowering a network of impactful leaders: Ocean Guardians.
In 2020, Swiss scooter pioneers, Micro Mobility Systems, launched a sustainable children's scooter line that uses recycled ocean plastic. Micro donates one percent of sales from their ECO product line to environmental charities in collaboration with 1% for the Planet.
What is 1% for the Planet?
1% for the Planet is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the well-being of our planet and future generations. It inspires businesses and individuals to support environmental nonprofits through their membership and daily actions. Since its founding in 2002, its members have donated more than $265 million to environmental nonprofits to date.
Where do Micro donations go?
The proceeds donated from Micro support Parley’s Educational Programs, with the goal of providing worldwide access to ocean education, tools and experiences, inspiring marine conservation and empowering a network of impactful leaders: Ocean Guardians.
Learn more about Parley and it’s mission at www.parley.tv.
What do Parley's education programs entail?
- Ocean Schools: an immersive approach to environmental education aimed at fostering a personal relationship with the ocean, inspiring ocean conservation, and empowering a new class of ocean ambassadors.
- AIR Stations: modular container systems or educational spaces that serve as hubs for collaboration, awareness, exploration and activism.
- Ocean Uprise Summits: 5-day summits focused on scientific and cultural understanding of the marine environment and co-creating solutions, along with world-class speakers, educators and special guests.
- Ocean Cleanups: remove plastic debris from beaches, remote islands, rivers, mangroves, and the high seas.
- Events: events, such as World Oceans Week, Run for the Oceans and Ocean2Ocean, provide an overview of the state of the cceans with the goal of raising awareness, building collaborations and gaining support for initiatives, projects and solutions.
More information can be found here.