A second llife for the battery
Micro Switzerland has teamed up with the Dutch company Nowos, which specializes in the repair of lithium-ion batteries. Together, we are developing the circular economy for lithium batteries and giving the batteries in our e-scooters a second life.
We attach great importance to the quality and durability of our products and offer a globally unique repair and spare parts service for every product. This is also true for our e-scooters, whose heart is not only the motor but also the battery.
For this reason, we have decided to cooperate with Nowos, a company specializing in the repair and refurbishing of batteries. Thanks to their experience in various fields, including the repair of lithium-ion batteries, Nowos has an unparalleled knowledge of how to extend the life of batteries by reusing original components.
In a first step, the batteries are examined at Nowos and a decision is made as to whether they can be repaired or whether they need to be disposed of properly. After repair, the battery still has at least 80% of its original power. The goal is to add value by treating used lithium-ion batteries not as waste, but as valuable material for remanufacturing. Nowos owns several factories, including one in France, to be as close as possible to customers in order to reduce CO2 emissions.
Tips and tricks for the life of your battery
The life of a Micro e-scooter battery also depends on how you care for and maintain it. To extend the life and to avoid repair for the time being, we have compiled some tips:
- Pay attention to the charging and storage temperature. The battery should always be stored and charged at temperatures between 5 ° and 25 ° Celsius.
- Avoid fully charging and discharging the battery. If possible, only charge the battery to between 80% and 90% and avoid deep discharges.
- A battery should, as far as possible, not be completely drained - ideally the charge should always be somewhere between 30% and 70%.
- If the battery is run down, charge it within the next three days.
- When not using the e-scooter, you should charge the battery every three months.
- Charge the battery immediately after purchasing a Micro Scooter.
- If possible, use the original charger.